Background Switcher (Hidden)

Turn on Your Radio

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

This just in: I've been told that one of my commentaries will air this afternoon (Wednesday, August 22) on National Public Radio's All Things Considered. It will air in the first half of the second hour of the show. Here in the Eastern time zone, that would have it airing between 5 and 5:30 p.m., since our show starts at 4 p.m. It should air right after a story about a survey of married couples.

The piece is about some of the things that happen (and don't) when you've been married for a long time.

It's been a bit of a dry spell; I haven't been on the air since May, when I admitted to doing dastardly things to house sparrows. There wasn't a Zick embargo that I know of; I was just traveling too darn much to write or record anything. This is a piece that NPR's been holding for a couple of years, and my genius editor remembered it and found that it fit right in with a story that came up. Hope you can tune in and hear it! If you miss it, listen here after 7 p.m. today.

In another bit of shameless self-promotion, I've received word today that Letters from Eden is one of five finalists for a Great Lakes Book Award. Didn't win it, but it's a finalist. Not going to argue with that. Life is good.

0 comments:

[Back to Top]