Background Switcher (Hidden)

Caption Contest Winners (Sorta)

Friday, November 5, 2010

The post-election headlines read, "Branstool Keeps Licking County Judges Seat." Which, in my book, is funnier than anything anybody could dream up. Stop that, Judge Branstool!

I am not making this up. Ohio is a weird and wonderful place, either completely devoid of or drenched in irony. It's hard to tell. Speaking of stool, I stink at holding caption contests. There's never a prize, and I'm tempted to give it to my husband, Bill of the Birds, for his caption, "A judge who gets results from the bowels of the constipated judicial system."

Just because it makes me belly laugh whenever I read it. Which is as good a reason as any to marry someone.

And then comes Aimee (Newtsmom) with: "Vote for a new movement sweeping the county! Vote Judge Branstool; he's just a regular guy."

And I love Leslie's "He Hasn't Been Around Long Enough to Stink."

And Claire's "Branstool: Helping to Unstick the Political Logjam."

I love 'em all. And you all win. And I get to live in Ohio and see stuff like this every day.

xo
jz

5 comments:

Just to mentioned is prize enough for me:)

Branstool Keeps Licking County Judge's Seat. Oh my goodness gracious. This will keep me going a long, long time.

Yes. It. Is. Wonderful. I think a lot of us needed something to laugh about in the midterm elections. But I'm half expecting an indignant letter from poor Judge Branstool. I don't think Licking County is *quite* far enough away.

And Julie's treats keep me going at least 3 times a week! Loving the Audubon series, packed dense with so much I never stopped to know. Thanks and don't stifle! Leslie Y.

Julie: As a newspaper person, I must know. What paper published that horrifying, wonderful headline?

[Back to Top]